Wilde Legacy - Chapter 38


A few days later, it was Erik's birthday.




He was now officially a young adult!




And with adulthood came some tough decisions. Erik's problem, however, wasn't making decisions. It was telling them to his parents that he dreaded. "Dad... I don't know how to tell you this... Well, I'm moving out."




   "You're what!? But-"




   "Yeah... I didn't know how to tell you. But I've already rented a cheap apartment downtown and I'm applying for a job in the music industry tomorrow. Things didn't exactly happen as I planned, but I heard they're hiring fans for the rockstar career...




   "Wow now, slow down a little, Erik. Don't you think you're rushing into things too fast?"
Erik shook his head. "I know it seems sudden, but I've really been thinking about this for a while now. Once I get the job I'll need a place where I can hang out with the rock band members. And when I have my own band we'll need a place to practice... I know it's not going to be easy, dad, but delaying things isn't going to help me in the long run."




   "If that's really what you want, son, you know you have my full support."
"I know, dad."




   "I'm proud of you, son."




Marina got teary-eyed when Erik told her his plans. "Oh, Erik..."




   "No matter what, you know that you'll always be my baby, right?"




   "I know. I love you, mom."



-

No comments:

Post a Comment